Lloyd's Register All Assets Software is an online software application that allows a user to view and manage the data, reports, and analysis across all your assets. I designed, improved, and implemented web app services for engineers and maintenance staff to evaluate critical assets, develop plans, and execute tasks to increase reliability and uptime.
Designed, enhanced user interface, interaction, and implemented using LR front-end software and CSS framework.
From start to finish: five months - includes gathering requirements, design, QA, and development.
Contracted part-time while working a full-time job. Budget for $10k and collaborated with a team of 6 across the UK and Houston office.
Engineer, inspectors, managers, & maintenance staff.
I was the sole UI designer for this project. I performed UI analysis, updated design, and implemented the latest changes through front-end source code. I collaborated with a UX researcher, developers, managers, and quality assurance across UK and Houston offices.
THE DESIGN PROCESS
My approach is a three-step process to determine the best course of action. I analyzed the existing platform and identified the difficulties. Once I classified the issues, I created a design proposal that identified and addressed the common problems. I then applied the new enhancements in the front-end development source code.
Analyzed Existing Platform
Identified Issues & Proposed Solutions
Implemented New Enhancements
UI ANALYSIS & SOLUTION
I identified three key issues: UI components did not present an ideal solution to optimally support human tasks. The original colors and visual patterns were inconsistent and provided no clear indicator on what action to perform. Structure of information made it harder to distinguish from another - lacked visual hierarchy and separation.
Inconsistent UI Elements
Miscues & False Signifiers
Visual Hierarchy & Organizations
I highlighted various design elements that helped improve the user interface by allowing users to evaluate and process information without overloading their visual senses.
I applied design principles to bridge the communication between software language and human interaction to allow users to understand and perform an action.
FINAL UI DESIGN
I completed both design and implementation on-time and kept the budget at $10k. Managers, developers, and their customers were happy with the results.
I created a user interface language that allowed my client to evolve with users and their technology experience.